Legal Administrative Assistant
We have an opening for an Legal Administrative Assistant position. This person will work closely with the staff to perform tasks that assist in the smooth operation of the day-to-day activities of the office.
Hours of work: This is a part-time, 4 days per week position.
The hours are generally 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Salary: Salary ranges from $720 to $770 per 2 week pay period.
The job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing multi-line telephone system and screening calls
- Greeting clients
- Managing the calendar
- Completing transcription - (a quick & accurate typist is very important)
- Drafting documents
- Processing mail
- Running errands (involves ability to walk around town)
- Maintaining files (involves ability to lift boxed files)
- Witnessing documents
- Processing Accounts Receivable & banking
- Maintaining stock of supplies & creating purchase orders
- Ensuring the office maintains a neat and welcoming environment
- Participating in staff meetings
The applicant must be a self-starter and self-directed. Must have attention to detail and strong organizational skills. Due to the nature of this business, a professional appearance and behavior, as well as maintaining confidentiality, is expected.
Requirements: College degree, business, administrative, or legal focus
The applicant must be computer literate for word-processing (WordPerfect/Word), spread sheets, calendaring programs, etc.